Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Christmas Music

"All this time I've been finding myself and I didn't know I was lost." 

^^ that's a lie. I've been lost my whole life.

But I think I'm on my way to finding myself.

Tomorrow we leave for Pomfret at 6am, it's about a 600 km drive and we will be going about 90kph, so we estimate about 8-9 hours including stops and lunch? 

Pomfret is a small desert town immediaty outside the calahary desert and has little to no income. About two years ago, the government wanted to close the town down but about 1000 people live there, so try couldn't. So they sent in soldiers and just destroyed it and massacred the masses. But the people that survived didn't leave. They are hopeless, but trying. We will be working in an orphanage, rebuilding homes, working in the gardens and evangelizing. These people need Jesus and they need his love an hope. I could not be more excited to work with them. 

I love my team. We are all so excited and nervous and challenged by this amazing oppertunity in front of us. Tonight we had a traditional African BBQ. It was AMAZING.

Then we all jumped in the pool. Even though it's chilly tonight, about 65. But the sky is clear an we realized that down here the moon is upside down.


Mind blown.

But we all sat around outside. Played with the dogs, had a BBQ, jumped in the pool and got pumped for pomfret! Then we all went inside, packed, cleaned and then played games and listened to Christmas music! What a perfect evening. 

Prayers as we enter our new step in this God given journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment