Friday, October 4, 2013

And Were Off



Just landed in Washington, D.C.. Our first flight went well, slightly turbulent but nothin to fret about. It's crazy to think that when we take off in our next plane, it'll be 24 hours before we touch ground again. With the flight being almost 18 hours and than jumping 6 hours ahead. The plane offers us 3 full meals and we will be able to see the sunset and sunrise from the air. Kinda excited, not gonna lie.

One cool thing is a flight attendant on our Indianapolis - Washington, D.C. Flight announced that we were on board and what an honor it was to serve missionaries. That was cool!

We have a book that EM gave us to read during our mission called "When Helping Hurts" and we will be able to get a good amount of reading done on the flight. And then maybe I'll get to read my Nicholas Sparks book too!

Last night was hard on all of us. There was a lot of tears and a lot of hard praying amongst the team during our meeting. The training this week completely rocked our faith to the core. It made me question everything I've grown up believing. I obviously still believe in the gospel but just the way I believe it.

Everything I believe in was ripped out from under me in a matter of 4 days. We were asked numerous questions we couldn't answer and asked to discuss things we had never thought about. We ate dinner every night very discouraged, and very kept to ourselves. 

We are nervous, scared and in need of a lot prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment